Articles

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Correction on previous article for grassfed meat

One of the goals of my blog is to provide accurate information that is supported by fact or the latest knowledge in medicine and science.  Along with that, I will throw my opinion and observations in based on my experience.  I also believe in providing information for both sides or the "pros and cons" of a subject so the reader can come to their own conclusions.  With that being said, if I make a mistake or if information or research comes out that provides new evidence, then it is my responsibility to correct any mistakes and adopt whatever is best supported by fact and science.

In the article I posted on February 27th, I provided information for a local source of grassfed meat and pastured pork and poultry located in Alvarado, Tx. called Woods and Cuds.  When I found the place, I was informed by one of the employees that all the beef is 100% grassfed.  Well, I was recently advised by a friend of mine that he talked to another employee who said that although the beef/cows are raised in pastures and are grassfed they occasionally have access to grain.  I did some more digging and confirmed that the beef sold their is not 100% grassfed, but was reassured that the beef are only occasionally fed grain and live in a stress free environment (other then getting slaughtered...bad joke, I know) in nearby pastures and are not raised by commercial methods.  Additionally, they are hormone and antibiotic free, which means they are healthier than commercially raised beef...that equates to better Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratios and higher levels of beta-carotenoids and conjugated linoleic acid.

Woods and Cuds is a family owned business and is a great source of meat, even exotic meats like bison, elk and ostrich...they also carry smoked meats which are awsome.  I will continue to shop there for my family and would still highly recommend it to anyone.  But I owe my readers an apology since in wrote that they carry grassfed meat, which isn't entirely accurate.  Again, Woods and Cuds is a great place to get quality meats...far superior to commercial meats.. but I think it is important that I correct the information I put out in my past article.

For other sources of grassfed meat that are near the DFW area..that deliver..I have some listed in the column on the right side of the page.  Until next time, be sure to pick up something heavy and get some sprints in.

No comments:

Post a Comment